It happens to everybody – one minute your hand is functioning normally and the next one it feels like you’re getting pricked by needle and pins. Most of the time this numbness and tingling is felt in the thumb, index and middle fingers and it’s caused by the compression and decreased blood flow to multiple nerves in the arm. This situation happens when you sleep or lay down in an uncomfortable position.
Even if tingling and numbness in the arms is not a serious condition it may disrupt pretty badly your daily tasks. In this regard, it’s good to know a few natural remedies to solve this problem quickly and to prevent tingling reappearance.
1. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is one of the best essential oils for neurological problems like tingling of the hands and feet.
- Add 12 drops of lavender oil to 30 mL of any carrier oil.
- Mix well and massage this mixture into your hands and feet.
- Leave it on overnight.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid and exhibits strong anti-inflammatory properties that can work wonders in repairing your nerves.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- Mix well and add some honey to the mixture.
- Drink this solution on a daily basis.
3. Warm Compress
Warm compresses are a great way to increase the blood circulation in the affected hand and leg.
- Take a warm compress and place it over the affected area.
- Leave it on for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Repeat thrice.
4. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt contains magnesium, which is known to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Add a cup of Epsom salt to a tub filled with water.
- Soak in the bath for 20 to 30 minutes.
Massage therapy is a great option to reduce the constant tingling in your body. It stimulates the nerves and restores their normal functioning. Massaging also improves blood circulation and is quite beneficial for your nervous health.