Knees are complex joints, which, unfortunately, tend to hurt when they are exposed to shocks. Although protected by ligaments and tendons, they often swell and become painful, especially after intense physical effort.
Although these symptoms can be kept under control by resting properly and with the help of regular analgesics, but sometimes, alternative therapies may be ideal for relieving pain.
The next remedy is one of the best remedies for knee pain as long as the pain doesn’t occur due to more severe conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
However, I advise you to see a physical therapist if the pain persists.
But, as long as pain happens after intense workout, as it happened to me this morning, I truly recommend some rest and the following natural applications. Is true that I know about this remedy from my grandmother which is been using it for months to treat her painful arthritic joints. She says it calms down the pain and swelling.
When dealing with painful joints is worth trying everything to stop the pain.
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- a cup of organic apple vinegar
- handkerchief or cotton cloth
Ok, now let’s see how to prepare this natural painkiller
- Just mix cayenne pepper with apple vinegar.
Now, how do we use this remedy?
- Soak the handkerchief or the cotton cloth in this mix and apply it over the affected area.
- Let it act for 20 minutes then rinse the remedy off with cold water.
- Afterwards, apply a hot towel over the affected area and let it there for another 20 minutes.
- Repeat these steps daily until the pain disappears.
- Of course, if the pain persists, you can apply again, in the evening.
Cayenne pepper contains a substance called capsaicin, known for its anti-inflammatory effects. Capsaicin is also a natural analgesic.
This remedy is prepared by mixing pepper with minerals and antioxidants from apple vinegar, making it one of the best remedies for relieving knee pain.