I don’t know about you, but even in the summer, my hands feel very dry. The sudden change of temperature and also the hot weather makes my hands dry and very itchy. Thus, I always need a moisturizer to smoothen the skin. However, I was never able to stand the strong scent of commercial products which is why I prefer making my own version. I also love the fact that I know what ingredients I am using to make it as natural as possible. Hence, I will share in this article a simple and fairly easy to make a homemade cream for your hands. You will only need a few ingredients and you’re good to go. Thus, if you want a rich cream, keep reading and see how to make a fabulous DIY moisturizing homemade cream perfect for super dry hands.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1/4 cup of shea butter
– 1/8 cup of sweet almond oil
– 1 tablespoon of beeswax
– 10 drops of myrrh essential oil
– 10 drops of cedarwood essential oil
Simply follow the next instructions and you will manage to make a perfect cream:
1. First off, you will need to melt the shea butter, the beeswax, and the sweet almond oil in a double boiler.
2. While it is melting, make to stir slowly, so the ingredients can incorporate very well.
3. After the mixture is homogeneous and smooth, remove it from the heat and let it to cool down for 10 minutes.
4. The next step would be to add in the essential oils, mixing again very well.
5. Lastly, transfer the liquid mixture into a small glass container and give it several hours to harden completely.
As far as the application goes, you can use this homemade cream whenever you feel it is necessary, especially after a long day working outside in the sun.